Insider's Guide to Buying a New Home in The Woodlands
Insider’s Guide to Buying a New Home in The Woodlands
The Woodlands has one of the highest new home sales rates across the U.S. Many people choose to buy homes in this family-friendly community because of its proximity to downtown, its vast tree-filled parks, and its charming dining, shopping, and entertainment options. No matter why you want to move to this vibrant, growing area, here’s what you need to know when you’re ready to buy a new home in The Woodlands
10 Essential Tips for Buying a New Home in The Woodlands
1. Shop for a mortgage lender and get a mortgage pre-approval before you start looking at houses – Getting your financial ducks in a row first can make the entire process much smoother later. While it could give you an edge in a bidding war, it will surely facilitate the closing process. So, check out mortgage rates and programs from different lenders to find the best option for you. Then, get the pre-approval.
2. Know your budget before you start shopping – This will prevent you from becoming attached to financially unrealistic options.
3. Visit houses you like more than once – Most people will not see everything the first time they visit a home. A second and third visit can be incredibly helpful to seeing some of the finer details, like closet space, plumbing, outlet availability, and more. These follow-up looks may reveal some deal-breaking details that you’ll want to know before moving forward.
4. Once you find a house you like, team up with experts who can help you with the next steps – Pros, like the Realtors® at New Home Gurus, can guide you through the rest of the process, from drafting offers through closing. This can be crucial to taking all of the right steps to close on your new home with minimal hassle and complications.
5. Before you make an offer, consider these factors – Beyond the asking price, it’s also important to consider the market, the seller’s attachment to the home, and the interest in the home. This can help you determine a reasonable offer.
6. If your offer is not accepted, consider getting creative in your counteroffer – More money can grease the wheels for an acceptance of the offer, but it’s not your only option. Depending on the seller and the circumstances, you may also be able to offer things like paying the closing costs or letting the seller stay in the home for longer, for example.
7. If your offer is accepted, make sure to put the terms of purchase in writing – This is a great way to cover yourself in case anything goes awry later.
8. Get the appraisal and home inspection even if your lender doesn’t require it – While many lenders do require these evaluations, not all do. Regardless, getting them can give you crucial information regarding the home’s market value and any issues the home may have. Knowing these factors before closing on the home can give you priceless peace of mind.
9. Be prepared for the closing process – This involves lots of paperwork, title exchanges, and more. Generally, the entire process takes between 30 and 45 days when all goes smoothly.
10. Don’t forget about the closing costs – If the purchase agreement states that you’re responsible for part or all of these costs, make sure you’re ready to pay them when the time comes.
Find Out How Much You Can Get Back When You Close on Your New Home in The Woodlands: Contact New Home Gurus Now!
Discover how much money you can get when you close on your new home by contacting New Home Gurus now! Simply call (281) 668-8124 or email us for hassle-free answers about our exclusive money-back program for first-time buyers in Texas! Our gurus are standing by, ready to explain how our commission-sharing program works.