5 Things You MUST Know before Hiring a Realtor®
The journey to finding and buying a dream home often starts with hiring a Realtor®. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know who you can trust and which Realtor® is your best choice.
To help you screen real estate agents and hone in on the best option for you, here are the most important things you need to know and do as you sort through and narrow down your choices.
How to Wisely Choose Your Realtor®: 5 Essential Tips & Insights
1. Ask yourself what you are looking for in a real estate agent – Are you a hands-on a shopper who wants to do the research yourself? Do you want to browse listings and take the reins in searching for available houses? If so, you may not even need an agent (and should just skip down to number 5 on this list).
Alternatively, if you want an agent to assist you with your search and help you find options, based on what you’re looking for in a new home, you will want to take the time to interview the Realtors® you are considering before hiring one.
As you talk to your top choices, ask them questions like whether they primarily represent buyers (or sellers), what neighborhoods they have the most experience in, and how many homes they have closed on. It can also be helpful to ask if an agent plans to represent you throughout the process or whether you may be passed off to an assistant (or someone else). Generally, you will want to avoid hiring Realtors® who primarily represent sellers, who have little to no experience in your target neighborhoods, and/or who do not plan on representing you through the entire process.
2. Verify an agent’s certification – In Texas, you can check Realtors’® credentials at the .
3. Ask for references – An experienced, successful Realtor® will happily give you the names of former clients and professional references you can contact to verify his or her service, experience, etc. So, be wary of hiring a Realtor® who has zero references or who looks for ways to avoid giving you references to contact.
4. Ask yourself if you actually need a traditional Realtor® – If you’re buying a new home in Texas, hiring a traditional real estate agent may be completely unnecessary and needlessly expensive. That’s because New Home Gurus offers the buyers of new homes a to pick their dream home themselves and get our support and expertise throughout the buying process, from drafting an offer through closing. So, if you don’t want or need an agent to look through listings for you (because you’re already doing this yourself), the Realtors® at New Home Gurus can be your perfect option, filling in the rest of the pieces, once you have chosen a home, and guiding you at every phase of the process.
5. Ask if the Realtor® shares the buyer’s commission with you – When homebuyers choose New Home Gurus as their real estate agent, we will split the buyer’s commission with them, 50-50, at closing. On average, this means that buyers who work with us can expect us to pay them anywhere from $4,500 to more than $10,000 after they close on their new home. This cash can be used to cover anything from closing costs and moving fees to cleaning fees, insurance costs, and more.
Buy Your New Dream Home & Get Half the Buyer’s Commission at Closing: Contact New Home Gurus
Are you looking to buy a new home anywhere in Texas? If so, find out how much cash New Home Guru’s will give you when you close on your new home.
Call (281) 668-8124 or
Our trusted agents are ready to answer your questions and tell you more about our commission-sharing program.
New Home Gurus works with homebuyers across Texas. Once buyers have found their dream home, we work closely them at every phase of the process, helping them complete all paperwork and guiding them at every step from drafting an offer through closing. We are proud to help buyers purchase their dream homes and get money back – up to $12,000 – in the process.
SHARE THIS POST